Vaccination for a baby is really an important thing and no parent should even think of missing the schedule and doses for appropriate vaccination. I follow a proper guideline as set by my medical doctor for my child’s vaccination. In this article, I have tried to elaborate on the polio vaccine, its immunization schedule, and price in India
What is the Polio Vaccine?
Polio is a disease that is known to affect human beings through a virus that is present in the throat as well as the intestines. When you give your child the much-needed polio vaccination, you are actually preventing him or her from getting this deadly disease. The polio is known to lead to disabilities and is one of the most recommended vaccinations that you should give your child.
Polio Vaccine Dates 2022 – Next Polio Vaccine Schedule in India
Every year Govt of India announce the dates of polio drops across the nation. The Nation campaigns are divided by state and cities. The New 2019 Schedule for Polio vaccine will be announced soon and the same will be updated here. The people from States and cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, and other metro and semi-metro cities should follow the next polio date for their kids to get vaccinated again polio. it is important to note that the campaign Brand ambassador Amitabh Bachan and Indian govt has got immense success with almost eliminating polio from India. The Same effort will continue in Pulse Polio 2019 campaign. stay tuned for dates and Important news
|Where||Polio Dates 2019 (Tentative)|
Cost and 2022 Schedule for Polio Vaccine
At the time of birth, an oral polio vaccine has to be given which costs around 230 rupees. This should also be given when the child is 6 months, 9 months, and 4 to 6 years of age
When my child is 6 weeks old, I should give an inactivated polio vaccine costing around 440 rupees
Another dose of inactivated vaccine needs to be given at 10 weeks which also costs 440 rupees
The third and fourth dose of the inactivated vaccine has to be given when my child is 14 weeks and 16 to 18 months, respectively
=> Also, Check IPV Vaccine Cost & Price in India
Who Should Get the Polio Vaccine and What is the Immunization Schedule?
As per my doctor, the polio vaccine has to be ideally given to my child when he or she is a child. Also, my doctor has suggested the following immunization schedule for polio vaccine for my child:
A total of four doses has been recommended with the following schedule:
- The first dose of the polio vaccine is to be given when my child is 2 months old
- The second dose to my child has to be given when my child is a total of 4 months old
- Next, the child has to be given the third dose. This needs to be given when my child reaches the age of six months to eighteen months
- When my child’s age is somewhere around 4 years to 6 years, he or she has to get the final dose of the polio vaccine which is also called the booster vaccine
In certain rare circumstances, the government and the medical experts also recommend that the vaccine can be given to adults who are more than 18 years of age.
Who Should Not Get the Polio Vaccine?
Although the vaccine can be given to adults, in the following cases, the polio vaccine should not be given at all:
- The child or the adult has been known to get a very grave adverse allergic reaction in the past as a result of this vaccine
- My doctor also advised me to check the contents of the vaccine. As per my doctor, if my child is allergic to some or most of the chemicals present in the vaccine, then ideally, I should not administer the vaccine into my child.
- As per my doctor, I should avoid giving the vaccine to my child if he or she has been ill at the time of getting the vaccine. If my child has been ill just prior to receiving the polio vaccine, I should remember to inform about the same to the doctor who is administering the vaccine
I hope that the above article has been helpful in bringing to your notice the importance of the polio vaccine and its immunization schedule as well as the price in India.