Although Laptops are getting way more popularity and sales as compared to a computer, the performance section still lacks behind in many ways.
A laptop might seem like an all-in-one deal, but the buyer doesn’t know that the display is not as good as a regular computer monitor. Even the screen’s real estate is not able to match with a computer monitor.
Buying the best monitor in India for home or office setup can ensure the benefit of both worlds.
Even people with a laptop can consider buying an external monitor to get the keen advantage of the large display, better picture quality and other features.
Computer monitors come in many sizes in India and 22-inch monitor slides into the sweet spot for most users.
The user can sit at a comfortable distance from the monitor, do photo or video editing work and he/she can also play games. Even most offices prefer a 22-inch monitor due to its mid-tier screen size and other advantages.
Looking for a monitor for your home or office? Voila! You landed in a perfect place. Here, we have tested more than a dozen 22-inch monitors and sorted out the best 5 monitors.
We are curating this list after paying attention to most buyers’ needs and the value for money factor. Before that, let’s start by learning about the top monitor manufacturers in India.
Best Brand Selling 22 Inch Monitor in India
In the Indian electronics market, most reputed manufacturers focus on selling 22 inch monitors. There are two reasons behind this strategy – the first one is higher demand due to affordable price and the second reason is a perfectly comfortable size for home and office use.
Acer is a Taiwanese electronics manufacturer that is serving for a long time in India. From the successful predator series laptop to advanced monitors, Acer is a reputed brand to trust on. Currently, Acer is in the top tier of selling the most 22-inch monitor in India.
BenQ is also a Taiwanese electronics manufacturer and this brand is most trusted in the budget electronics section. Most monitor in the budget category gets advanced features like a blue-light shield, high refresh rate and whatnot. Such factors make BenQ a top-selling brand in India.
LG is a South Korean electronics manufacturer with its hand in almost every type of electronics product. From the refrigerator to advanced LEDs and monitors, you can expect this brand as the best one among all. Even the excellent after-sale services from LG make things prominent for Indian buyers.
Dell, an American multinational computer company, offers monitors for a wide range of price points with all the crazy features. Even buyers can find 8K resolution monitors from Dell in India. As this brand is specific to computers and monitors, trusting this brand is easier.
Samsung is a South Korean brand and doing almost everything that LG has within its reach. No doubt that Samsung monitors are popular for their curved display, ultra-HD display and all the classy features that you might want for extra functionality. Thus, Samsung is also one of the top-selling monitor manufacturers.
Why 22 Inch Monitor is Best for You?
As mentioned earlier, monitors come in many sizes, but 22-inch is the most popular option among buyers. Why? Here are four key reasons –
- No Distortion at Corners – Distortion is a major issue with large sized monitors when the viewer is sitting at a close distance. Most people sit at a comfortable distance of 1.5 ft to 2 ft from their monitor. So, you won’t be dealing with distortion related issues.
- Comfortable to Work On – When a user opts for a large display, working seems easier at first glance but in real life, it is much more difficult. On a 22 inch monitor, you won’t have to roll your eyes to a different section on the screen. Everything is easy to view and you can work comfortably.
- Require Less Space on Desk – Large monitors provide many benefits, but they have this issue of requiring large space. Even most people choose VESA to mount for those displays. With a 22 inch monitor, you just to install the stand and you are good to go.
- Ability to Do the Most type of Work –In the most type of work, writing blogs, designing web pages, editing photos, working on video editing or gaming, a 22-inch monitor provides the sweet spot. More than a 22-inch display is good for many tasks, but a 22-inch monitor gets the work done with no hassle.
These are the same reason that most people choose to buy a medium-sized monitor for their PC or laptop.
5 Best 22 Inch Monitors in India
After hours of research, testing lots of monitors and checking all the features in person, we selected the top 5 best monitors in India. Let’s get started –
#1 Acer Nitro QG221Q 21.5 (22) Inch Monitor – Full HD, Eye Safe
Acer nailed the first spot in our list with Acer Nitro QG221Q 21.5 Inch monitor with its three unique features that most monitors miss for such an affordable price point. These features are thin bezels, VA panels, and eye care features.
Acer is offering 250nits brightness with this display, which seems perfectly fine for rooms with no windows or less outdoor light. The colours are bright, vivid and a little contrast but highly accurate at the same time.
The connectivity feature is also excellent with this monitor as you can use VGA as well as 2 HDMI 1.4 ports. The overall usability seems excellent and the build quality is also good enough for the price point. Overall saying, it is an excellent option.
- 1ms virtual response boost is legit and offers a slightly better experience while gaming.
- Integrated AMD FreeSync offers excellent compatibility as an external display.
- Build quality seems legitimate as the plastic is sturdy and durable.
- This monitor is 21.5 inches, not 22. So you must keep this in mind while shopping.
#2 BenQ GW2283 22 inch Monitor
Looking for a monitor that offers a simple design and perfectly fits into the aesthetic home or office setup? Well, BenQ GW2283 22-inch Monitor is the perfect choice for most buyers. Two things make this monitor catchy, which are smart cable management and a bezel-less display.
Even though BenQ claim a bezel-less display, this monitor has a very thin bezel at the top and sides. For the bottom part, there is a large chin. For such a genuine price point, the small chin of this monitor is acceptable. You are also getting 2 speakers at the chin part.
It is a 1080p FHD monitor and it comes with flicker-free technology. You are getting eyes protection with reduced blue light to eliminate the harm. For the price and amazing features, this display serves the best overall usability.
- Looks great on the table due to the thin bezel.
- Excellent brightness and colour accuracy.
- Dual HDMI port and one VGA port for better connectivity.
- The functionality of built-in speakers
#3 LG 22 inch (55 cm) IPS Monitor Full HD IPS Monitor
LG is an easy recommendation for most buyers due to its excellent after-sale services and vast network throughout the country. Besides that, this LG 22 inch IPS monitor is on par with all the amazing features that you can expect from a premium display.
You are getting FHD clarity with VGA, HDMI and DVI ports also. This monitor also has thin bezels and LG is targeting students and home office users for this monitor. The reason is excellent clarity, minimalistic design and all the necessary feature that a buyer wants.
The nearly borderless look along with small built-in speakers make this display a better value for money. This display is also the updated version. The only drawback is no blue light protection feature for the eyes. As far as we checked, we didn’t find any mention of eye protection.
- Best in class due to the large size and thin bezel.
- Brightness levels get way higher with this IPS panel.
- Support Freesync which can come in handy for better clarity as well as gaming.
- No description of blue light protection.
#4 Dell E Series 22 Inch Monitor Full HD, Anti Glare
Dell is absolutely the best brand when it comes to the manufacturing of monitors with the highest colour accuracy. This monitor offers an excellent wide-angle view along with excellent picture quality.
The primary feature that most buyers will love about this monitor is the matte finish on the screen surface. The enhanced view makes this display look better in person and it is an excellent choice for most offices use.
Features like an energy-efficient panel, simple design and affordable price make this display catchy. Even though the outer look is not as appealing as the other options, the display itself is quite good.
- Full HD view with amazing clarity.
- Affordable as if you look after all the amazing features.
- A positive review from most buyers.
- The large bezel design feels outdated.
- This monitor is 21.5 inches, not 22.
#5 BenQ GW2280 22-inch 1080p Full HD Eye Care Flicker Free Monitor
BenQ is back on the list with its slightly affordable GW2280 model. This monitor is offering all the amazing features that you have learned earlier about the BenQ 2283 with a slight twist of affordable pricing.
However, this monitor is an outdated model with similar looks, features and designs. You are getting a Full HD 1080p display along with 178˚ viewing angles. You are getting a smart cable management feature and ultra-slim bezel from the top and sides.
The key difference that you get with this monitor is an LED display whereas the 2283 model is coming with an LCD. There is a slight difference in overall picture quality, but it is hard to differentiate overall.
- A smart cable management stand comes in handy for sure.
- The overall build quality is solid.
- The picture quality is highly impressive with the LED display.
- Heavier weight.
A Quick Layman’s Buying Guide to Choose 22 Inch Monitor
When choosing a monitor for home or office use, it is recommended to emphasise critical aspects. What are those aspects? It depends upon the user’s requirement. For a video editing professional, colour accuracy is the main factor whereas it is a completely different scenario for the gamer. So, it would be adequate to know your need first. Without delaying any further, let’s look after the necessary aspects –
During the purchase time, buyers have two main options –
- LCD – Even though LCD seems like an old technology, it is highly colour accurate and it provides great durability. There are two types in LCD which are IPS and VA. IPS displays are good with higher brightness whereas VA panels are great with contrast ratio.
- LED – LED is newer technology and it is well known for better brightness, contrast control and excellent viewing angles. There are a ton of features. The only drawback is slightly lesser durability.
Once you have finalized the display technology, you have to pay attention to other important factors also.
You can find 22 inch monitor in the given resolution options.
- HD Ready – 1280 x 720 pixels
- FHD – 1920 x 1080 pixels
- QHD or 2K- 2560 x 1440 pixels
- 4K – 3840 X 2160 pixels
Brightness and Colour Accuracy
A display with excellent resolution but poor brightness or colour accuracy is a waste of money. So, always look for the peak brightness as well as colour gamut percentage. A monitor with at least 250nits peak brightness and 95% gamut is an easy pick.
Lastly, connectivity is an important factor. As per the latest standards, you should go with a monitor that supports HDMI 1.4 or above for better picture quality. Having the extra number of ports will ensure that you can connect the monitor with multiple devices and switch in between as per your requirements.