Aneroid Blood Pressure Monitors are a popular choice among people, and in many countries, they are replacing mercury blood, pressure monitors. The Aneroid blood pressure monitors use a spring loaded assembly and a membrane to measure the blood pressure. They have a dial with the needle for displaying the reading. Overall, the aneroid blood pressure monitors are pretty easy to use. Like any other blood pressure monitor, Aneroid Machines also have specific benefits and drawbacks. We have listed those for you in the sections below.
Benefits of Aneroid Blood Pressure Monitor
We will first talk about the benefits of aneroid blood pressure monitors. This will help you understand what you are getting for the price.
- Accuracy – The first thing that we would like to mention about the aneroid blood pressure monitors is that they are very accurate. These machines are sometimes even more accurate than mercury blood pressure monitors. So if you are worried about the accuracy, then aneroid blood pressure monitors wouldn’t disappoint you.
- Safe for Environment – Since the aneroid blood pressure monitors don’t have mercury, they are considered safe for the environment. There is no risk of mercury spillage and hence no risk of poisoning. Most countries are already replacing mercury blood pressure monitors with these.
- Compact – Another advantage of the Aneroid blood pressure monitors is that they are very compact. These monitors are very easy to carry, and most of the time, they will come with a carry case. Of all the available options, Aneroid blood pressure monitors are the most compact ones.
- Affordable – In terms of affordability, these blood pressure monitors are cheaper than mercury blood pressure monitors. They are readily available, and they often come with an extended warranty. They don’t need any calibration either. The price of the digital and the aneroid blood pressure monitors is very comparable.
Drawbacks of Aneroid Blood Pressure Monitor
There are some drawbacks of aneroid blood pressure monitors as well. You need to understand those to be able to make a purchase decision. Go through the pointers below to understand the trade-off you would need to make.
- Needs Replacement – With time, aneroid blood pressure monitors will lose accuracy. You will notice that the aneroid blood pressure monitors will need replacement after a couple of years or after extensive use. Otherwise, you may end up with lower accuracy. The primary reason for this is the spring assembly becoming loose.
- Requires Training – Since using the aneroid blood pressure monitors is similar to the mercury ones, you need proper training to use these blood pressure monitors accurately. Ensure that you get the training, or else using the aneroid blood pressure monitors wouldn’t make much sense. This is quite an essential aspect of purchasing blood pressure monitors.
- Lacks Smart Features – The last point that we are going to mention is that the aneroid blood pressure monitors lack smart features or digital features. They are as good as manual blood pressure monitors.
This was all about the benefits and drawbacks of the aneroid blood pressure monitors by the writers of https://www.bpmonitormachine.in/ website. We hope that these pointers will help you make a purchase decision. If you are looking for our opinion, then we would certainly recommend Aneroid blood pressure monitors in the class of manual blood pressure monitors. They offer reliability and accuracy if you are trained to use manual blood pressure monitors.